Bridging the Gap - Medical Interpreter Virtual Training Course
Monday, December 04, 2023
- Thursday, December 14, 2023
Eastern Standard Time
Developed by the Cross-Cultural Health Care Program (CCHCP). Bridging the Gap (BTG) interpreter training is a 40-hour professional development program that prepares bilingual individuals to work as medical interpreters. It is the leading medical interpreter certificate program in the country and used to train novice and experienced medical interpreters. It is accepted by both accredited national certifying bodies, the Certification Commission for Healthcare Interpreters (CCHI) and the National Board of Certification for Medical Interpreters (NBCMI). No interpreting experience is required to take the class.
BTG COURSE CURRICULUM INCLUDES
- Code of Ethics
- Integrated Medical Terminology, anatomy and physiology
- Information on Healthcare Systems
- Culture of Interpreting
- Communication skills for advocacy
- Professional development
Upcoming Classes for 2023:
- December 4 - 14, 2023 | Monday - Friday (Register by November 20)
Upcoming Classes for 2024:
- Stay tuned for the announcement of the 2024 dates and registration for next year's classes will open soon. For any inquiries, please reach out to us using the contact information below. We appreciate your interest in our medical interpreting virtual training. Thank you for checking back here for the latest updates.
All classes are held Monday through Friday from 8 am - 12 pm OR 4 - 8 pm. Choose from the morning or afternoon session. Register by the 20th of the month before the class to confirm registration.
For further information, assistance with online registration or request to register for this course by check, please call (609) 275-4240 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Include the program name, date, time option and event number 2224 in your email.